WAYS TO HELP
WAYS TO HELP
Over the years
- Pray for our Executive Director as he is sharing God’s work here in El Salvador this week in the US.
- Praise that our children have learned so much this year in their equine classes. We are celebrating their growth this week!
- Pray for our children as they study and prepare for their final exams and tests at school.
- Praise for the teachers who have taught our children this school year! May they be refreshed during the summer vacation time.
One specific way people choose to be a part of the work is by sponsoring a child. Our child sponsorship program allows you to be a part of a village that supports the needs of taking care of a child full-time in a loving, Christian home environment where each child is nurtured and loved so that they may heal, grow and dream of a brighter tomorrow.
By joining others, your donation of $40 a month helps to provided, food, housing, schooling, clothing, transportation, recreation, healthcare, counseling and intentional reconnecting back with their biological family when possible and safe to do so.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-term mission teams are a tremendous blessing to our ministry, and we look forward to each group that comes. A typical team flies in on a Saturday afternoon and spends the evening meeting our directors, hearing about the mission and vision of La Casa de mi Padre, learning a little about El Salvador and enjoying some typical food together.
Sunday is spent attending church in the morning and then meeting and playing with our kids in the afternoon. This time is usually spent in a large outdoor space with a mixture of soccer, volleyball and other sports activities or crafts your team may choose to bring. It is not a programmed time, but just a time to play, hang out and get to know our kids as they get to know you. However, if your group feels called to plan something more structured, we’d be happy to work with your group on this.
Monday through Friday are spent on a variety of experiences, with emphasis on your project for the week. Your project could include any of the following, or a combination, depending on our needs at the time of your visit: painting, mixing and pouring cement, cleaning and organizing, working with one our families, landscaping, repairs, construction, room design, preparing for the new school year, community outreach, etc. Teams will also have the opportunity to help us be good neighbors by visiting and praying with many of the widows and other families in the community around our farm.
Some time during the week, your teams will have a free afternoon to experience the culture of El Salvador. As we work with your group to plan your visit, we will let you know your schedule in a more defined way and provide you with a list of options that we would recommend for your free time.
The week ends Friday afternoon with a cookout with our staff and children and another chance to play and connect with our children within La Casa. You can play soccer or basketball, play games, or perhaps more crafts. You can design this time to be whatever you want it to be. You will leave early on Saturday morning, having made new relationships that will have challenged your heart for a lifetime. Cost, including airfare, hotel, transportation, meals and projects money average around $1900. These prices can vary depending on airfare and where you stay.
For more information email us email@example.com
Needs List for Teams:
- Adult diapers- size L (For one of our boys who is autistic– this is our greatest need on the list as they are very difficult to find here!)
- Baby Diapers – size XL (For one of our girls of 4 years)
- Tooth brushes
- Razors (for girls and boys)
- Bar soap
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Bandaids (a variety of sizes)
- Maxi Pads (for day and night)
- Hair ties for our girls
- Gently used shoes or clothing (contact us for sizes) This is a tremendous help in keeping the cost of clothes and even shoes down. Your team might want to collect gently used clothing to bring down!
- Solid color T-shirts for both boys and girls
- Flip flops for both girls and boys (contact us for sizes)
- Tennis Shoes (contact us for sizes)
- Twin size sheet sets
- New underclothes for both girls and boys (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sizes)
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us!
La Casa de mi Padre is a Children’s Home located in Santo Tomas, El Salvador (about a 20 minute drive outside the city). We are unique in that we embrace family care practices where the children that we serve are placed in a family setting with a foster family who opens their arms to embrace a small group of children during the period of time we have each child under our care. Our ministry then provides a full circle of support around our foster families, the children and their families to move towards healing, healthy relationships and reunification where possible. We also have a transition home program where those young adults who have aged out of foster care can choose to live as they finish their schooling, attend college or job training and begin independent life. We do accept volunteers/interns who have a skill set that supports our Vision (To heal hearts, restore families and bring hope of a better future to children in crisis in El Salvador) and our Mission (To model a healthy home life and providing Christ-centered counseling, education, life planning, and family support). If interested in partnering with us as a volunteer, please complete the following.